Saturday, August 6, 2011

Acne Paper Summer 2011, Issue 12.











I've had this for a while. I have a tendency to procrastinate on reading magazines. I flick. I glance. I throw it on the pile. Finally got round to reading it pretty much cover-to-cover today. It's one of their best issues. It's focused on youth who chose classical careers - violinists, ballet dancers, watch-makers, tailors' apprentices et al. It also looks back at some of the great artists, composers and artisans of the past who created great works in their youth. Then there's a weird imaginary birthday party by Bruce Weber. But that's probably the only crap thing in there. & even that's laid out beautifully. It's a nice glance to the past focusing not on brands, "authenticity" and clothing, but on true classical arts and traditions, real Craftsmanship, a buzz word banded around too freely by many companies. Acne does not try to lay claim to anything more than having been in business for 15 years and an appreciation of youth. Refreshing. (Sorry the photo's are so bad - & disclaimer as I work for a truly Authentic company that has been around for yonks).

No comments: